Friday, February 17, 2012

One for the road

This weekend it's off to Greenville, SC for the Hincapie Spring Training Series.  It'll be a chance to get some real race condition  power numbers to help my coach keep me suffering appropriately.

I love this time of year.  I've worked in NASCAR since 1995.  Every year, every team I have ever been with has a "Daytona thrash".  It's lots of work to be done in a short period of time.  Or maybe in a long period of time because I'm at work pretty long.

With the extra hours of work, racing every weekend and getting in base miles, well... not everything gets done.  January is the time of year to get priorities straight.  Some things are just not going to get done.  It's a reminder to consider the things that you could/should be doing instead of what you are doing.

So, maybe I'm not at 100% at the early season races, and maybe the yard is a wreck and the vehicles need maintenance.  But I'm making my training hours count.  I'm at work when I'm at work and I'm at home when I'm at home.  And I'm at home when I'm on the bike hammering!

So, maybe this was an early excuse for a future poor result at Greenville.  But, I'm there to get power numbers.  I may as well get the best ones I can.

See you on the trails! (after Saturday)

Up next: Southern Cross!

...actually the quest to borrow a cx bike may be up next

No comments:

Post a Comment