Thursday, April 7, 2011

Intensity training

While my training focus is on the 100 mile Cohutta race on the 30th, there is still a need to train intensity.  Plus I like racing at North Wilkesboro Speedway. http://nwscycling.com/
I raced the 40 minute CAT 3/4 race, and then for a little more punishment I raced the 30 minute CAT 4/5 race immediately after that.  If you've never road raced before I would recommend racing at the speedway as a great place to start.  There are no sharp corners, no hills and the course is very wide.  If you get nervous in the pack or get dropped it's easy to get out of the way, recover and wait for the pack to come around again and jump back in.
Training for the weekend includes making a trip to Pisgah National Forest to scout out the trails used in the Pisgah Stage race later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment