Friday, January 13, 2012

The 2012 race season begins! Winter short track series preview.


 The five race Winter Short Track Series http://www.charlottemtnbike.com/short-trackhome.htm starts this Sunday, January 15th.  This event is significant for me because it marks the four year anniversary of my first bike race ever.  I started in Beginner Men 40+.  I had done a little bit of road riding and precious little MTB riding at that time.  I started in the rear of the field.  I was just about too nervous to pedal by the time we rolled off.  I survived and had a heck of a good time.  Through the years I've raced Beginner, Sport, Single Speed and Expert.  I raced 26" hardtail, 26" full suspension, 29er hardtail and 29er full suspension.  At times I've opted for a cyclocross bike in both geared and ss classes.  I've raced in the warm and the cold, wet or dry and even snow and ice.  One thing has never changed though: it's always an incredibly intense 30, 45, or 60 minutes of racing.   Just when I think, "I can't do one more lap" I hear Neal call out "Three laps to go!" and I think "...I can do three more laps" and I do.

And so can you.

A lot of things may be changing for my 2012 season.  I still have a lot of questions I have left unanswered and although I am not training specifically for results in Sunday's race I will be there, no matter the weather, on a rigid SS going 1/2 heartbeat BVT (Below Vomit Threshold).


See you on the trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment